POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animation : Re: Animation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation
From: Robert Crews
Date: 17 Jan 1999 03:11:49
Message: <36A19BDD.6C5ADE00@worldnet.att.net>
James wrote:

> Is there a way to make animations with Moray?  If there is can anyone tell
> me how to make them and what other programs I need to make it animated after
> I render it in POV-Ray?

I am not aware of any plugins for Moray to handle animation or keyframing, but
it is certainly possible to set up a perfectly usable animation scene using
Moray.

Here is how I do it.

First, create a single scene with all of the moving objects where you want them
including the camera at the start of the animation (frame 1). Save and export
this scene.

Now, I move/rotate/scale (whatever) the objects to be where I want them at the
end of the animation (last frame).  Make a note of the new values for scale,
rotation, and translation (XYZ).

Open up the scene with the handydandy Povray editor, and use your notes to make
adjustments in the object's scale/translation/rotation settings to describe the
objects movement over the course of the scene.  Multiply the movement by
Povray's clock keyword.  Like so:
translate <50+(clock*100),0,0>

The animated result is the object moves from <50,0,0> to <150,0,0> over the
course of the animation.  Check POV's  documentation on using clock and
rendering animation sets.  Hope this helps.

oh yeah, you can compile the frames into an animation using Adobe Premier or
other software.

Robert
cre### [at] worldnetattnet
home.att.net/~crewsr